• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

That's the point. Too much wading through crap for storms that aren't going to happen.

The weather for the most part is boring. Weenies just wish it into existence for entertainment until the inevitable failure and "onto the next" happens.

What is one thing we are learning about this storm? Just one thing? Oh, it's the lesson we already know. Model chasing is futile. This all could have been easily avoided if reality was accepted days ago.

But nope. As soon as another Day 7+ threat shows on a model, regardless of how bad it has performed, here everyone goes again.
I wonder how much pain would be erased if the public could only see the models out to day 5. Run them out like they are now but restrict access to people and organizations with a proven need to see them.

I wonder how much pain would be erased if the public could only see the models out to day 5. Run them out like they are now but restrict access to people and organizations with a proven need to see them.
There are too many "experts" now. Everyone and their mother, including the media, share fantasy land snow maps now.

I just wish the pattern/threat threads were readable in 5-10 posts per model cycle. It's so much to read. I spend most my time scrolling until I see pictures.
I can understand this as a Lurker.....the key in that no offense to anyone at all, only pay attention if certain ppl are saying things good or bad. Everyones opinion is valuable i just mean there is only a select few Ik to buy in or give in based on them lol.... Also you are in Columbia SC im sure even Mitch would tell you its way harder for yall than most. You think we need it almost perfect up here in WNC/NW Piedmont yall need it even more perfect unfortuately

It’s just so difficult to get snow after Valentines Day. There’s a reason why it’s been almost 15 years since there’s been snow after that day. I don’t care how good the pattern looks. The sun angle will win at the end of the day.

It’s just so difficult to get snow after Valentines Day. There’s a reason why it’s been almost 15 years since there’s been snow after that day. I don’t care how good the pattern looks. The sun angle will win at the end of the day.

If it’s snowing hard enough it can temporarily stick. Won’t last long on the ground though. If it snows after Valentines Day it’s best to get snow at night.

moving-goalposts.gif

If it’s snowing hard enough it can temporarily stick. Won’t last long on the ground though. If it snows after Valentines Day it’s best to get snow at night.
Majority of snows anywhere in the southeast don’t stay around long regardless of the time of year. The last snow we got in Tennessee a few weeks ago was a rarity to have it on the ground for a week. In late January 2016 I got 12 inches and it was all gone by the end of day 4. It can be 20 degrees out but if the full sun is shining you still get lots of melting.

She say I love you, but don't trust you, can't change you
I just hope we don't end how they do
Crash and burn on The Shade Room
Street runner, gotta stop running sometimes (yeah)
I'm in your city tonight (yeah)
And these lights (these lights), make me feel so inspired (yeah)
Going higher and higher and higher (yeah, yeah)
Taking me higher (taking me higher)
Higher and higher and higher (yeah, yeah)

Guys it’ll be okay the navgem will lock it back in for us….we’re fineeeee???

Back