• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Euro is so wildly different from really everything around D6/7 the gfs is closer to it but even they are handling the pattern differently. Should be fun to watch and see if it's leading a trend or not right

For all the jawboning out there (not this site specifically) about Feb 15 thru end-of-winter being just super spectacular great we'd better see some goods. :)

But then it would be ded

That's the point. Too much wading through crap for storms that aren't going to happen.

The weather for the most part is boring. Weenies just wish it into existence for entertainment until the inevitable failure and "onto the next" happens.

What is one thing we are learning about this storm? Just one thing? Oh, it's the lesson we already know. Model chasing is futile. This all could have been easily avoided if reality was accepted days ago.

But nope. As soon as another Day 7+ threat shows on a model, regardless of how bad it has performed, here everyone goes again.

That's the point. Too much wading through crap for storms that aren't going to happen.

The weather for the most part is boring. Weenies just wish it into existence for entertainment until the inevitable failure and "onto the next" happens.

What is one thing we are learning about this storm? Just one thing? Oh, it's the lesson we already know. Model chasing is futile. This all could have been easily avoided if reality was accepted days ago.

But nope. As soon as another Day 7+ threat shows on a model, regardless of how bad it has performed, here everyone goes again.
Kind of the whole point of a place like this though right? Find a group of people with similar interests and discuss the possibilities. I mean it would be like going to a sports board and saying only talk about the next game not further in the season or free agency.

By this point most people that have done this long enough should understand the danger of getting excited about anything until its happening. If people are walking away today with their feelings hurt I'm sorry I guess?

Last edited:
Kind of the whole point of a place like this though right? Find a group of people with similar interests and discuss the possibilities. I mean it would be like going to go a sports board and saying only talk about the next game not further in the season or free agency.

By this point most people that have done this long enough should understand the danger of getting excited about anything until its happening. If people are walking away today with their feelings hurt I'm sorry I guess?

I just wish the pattern/threat threads were readable in 5-10 posts per model cycle. It's so much to read. I spend most my time scrolling until I see pictures.

I do think the dominant "threat" should be split off into it's own thread though. There's a lot to talk about with the upcoming pattern that's more conducive than what we are currently chasing.

I just wish the pattern/threat threads were readable in 5-10 posts per model cycle. It's so much to read. I spend most my time scrolling until I see pictures.
Kind of a victim of our own success, when we started this place we said we wanted to take over the region and eventually the US. We are halfway there

I appreciate the POV. I am not sure I see the point of a weather board that only has 20 posts a day, though. There are plenty of people you could follow on twitter to see pictures and hear really good cogent analyses: webber, raleighwx, dt, kitty bump, etc!

I do think the dominant "threat" should be split off into it's own thread though. There's a lot to talk about with the upcoming pattern that's more conducive than what we are currently chasing.
I agree with this. I actually think we should break more things out into their own threads. I understand the superstitions surrounding threads but traffic management is #1 imo

Sounds as if your saying weenies gonna weenie?

For all the jawboning out there (not this site specifically) about Feb 15 thru end-of-winter being just super spectacular great we'd better see some goods. :)
Tune Sounds real familiar. Ive learned no matter how good it looks pattern wise and shows up as. Still need timing luck in some way. shape or fashion. Even in a not so sexy pattern like the short window next Sun-Tues, same logic and reasoning still applies. Chasing snow in the SE is a crap shoot!

Back