• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

So my parents currently live in my grandmas house since she passed away 2 years ago. It is where I grew up and means a lot to me. Unfortunately it is being sold to the school district it is right beside and they only want the land not the house. So it’s gonna be tore down in a few months. I was really hoping to get one last snow and spend it there with my kids before it’s gone. I hope I get the chance.

So my parents currently live in my grandmas house since she passed away 2 years ago. It is where I grew up and means a lot to me. Unfortunately it is being sold to the school district it is right beside and they only want the land not the house. So it’s gonna be tore down in a few months. I was really hoping to get one last snow and spend it there with my kids before it’s gone. I hope I get the chance.
Does your parents own it, if so then why did they sell it to the school district?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Does your parents own it, if so then why did they sell it to the school district?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Everything around them is being sold. What once was a nice house with some acres is now surrounded by other stuff. And the few houses that are around them are selling too. Kind of no choice now

Everything around them is being sold. What once was a nice house with some acres is now surrounded by other stuff. And the few houses that are around them are selling too. Kind of no choice now
They won't get maximum value if they sell now. Ask them to reconsider and possibly even commercialize the land themselves.

They won't get maximum value if they sell now. Ask them to reconsider and possibly even commercialize the land themselves.
Well they are getting a nice chunk considering the house is useless to the buyer. Basically getting way more than 3 acres is worth. But idk anything about that stuff

If opening their own Chick-fil-A isn't in the cards, the longer they hold the better. Being the very last pieces of property standing will get developers in a frenzy of who can talk them off it. Every time a new building goes up close by, the value increases.

I sure hope the pattern on the GFS does not stay there long. If it does, spring and summer will be a 1988 repeat for many.

laws have changed since 1911. If the government wants you land thy will get it. ED laws in SC are straightforward if you understand the laws.
Easiest way to get it is to just keep raising property taxes. Which we’re seeing a lot of now. That’s how they help their developer friends get their hands on big pieces of property.

Back