• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Hate to say it, but I am approaching 75% confidence in no substantial Winter weather for my back yard this season.

I hate to be missing out since this was the highest chance since 2010/2014.

February 5th. That's the day I guess it's still at least a glimmer of hope of maybe a flake or two. More importantly it's also the day Feb 20th will be in view on the ensembles, and if it still looks like this I'm at least walking to the cliff and most likely jumping. There is simply still no cold air showing up. Fab Feb is quickly going down the shitter
View attachment 144128
Question is who am I going to see at the bottom? Who's already jumped? @weatherfide @Stevo24 @SnowNiner @Jimmy Hypocracy @JHS

Hate to say it, but I am approaching 75% confidence in no substantial Winter weather for my back yard this season.

I hate to be missing out since this was the highest chance since 2010/2014.
75%…that’s very optimistic. I’m like 90% for Raleigh. We are still in the mode of week 3 things looks better and that puts us at mid Feb.

I am going to resend my proposal to the weather governments to stop running sensible weather models past 5 days.
It's just a drain on computer resources that can be used to figure out a more accurate global pattern first.

75%…that’s very optimistic. I’m like 90% for Raleigh. We are still in the mode of week 3 things looks better and that puts us at mid Feb.
I can almost guarantee your area sees snowfall before the season end. It might even be in March, but it's coming!

I am going to resend my proposal to the weather governments to stop running sensible weather models past 5 days.
It's just a drain on computer resources that can be used to figure out a more accurate global pattern first.
They should stop printing precip/snow maps day 7 and beyond.

I am having fun watching which model is the first to truly cut the system. We are getting closer every run!

I mean technically, the ICON probably would have yesterday... but of course it's showing snow today so it's wrong.

Back