• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I’m Peter peckered out, there’s been 3 trackable events that have trended to garbage here this winter. The snow drought is getting to unbelievable territory. My optimism is going down exponentially
Take a break, go do something else for a week, and then come back and you will see your NC snow storm. It's there, you just can't see it yet.

I’m Peter peckered out, there’s been 3 trackable events that have trended to garbage here this winter. The snow drought is getting to unbelievable territory. My optimism is going down exponentially
I’m with you Fro. It’s starting to hurt. Good chance we’re in the same boat next year. Gambler’s fallacy would be to think we’re somehow extra overdue for a storm when in reality our odds will be just as bad later this month as they were the previous February and the February before that. It just doesn’t want to snow here for some reason.

When we lose both the NAVGEM and the JMA, you know it's time to hang it up, lol.
jma_T850_namer_8.png

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_30.png
Benchmark surface low position on the JMA while the 850 line is in Pennsylvania. ? Maybe rates will overcome? ?

Any takers on when this cuts? My money is by tomorrow night's 00z runs.

View attachment 144098
I’d rather it cut than go off the Atlantic coast and it still rain because cold air doesn’t exist anymore in the Southeast except when it’s dry.

Major snow melting in the plains and Great Lakes also doesn’t bode well. Places like Minneapolis facing their lowest snow totals in decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance we can get a booming NAM run this week? We are getting down to only a few good ensemble members left with that glorious digital snow. I'm going to need this to hang on a few more days!

I still think it’s very possible NC and upstate is still in the game, all the models are close just a little wiggle room here and there it’s a big run again.

Somebody gonna get NAM’d later this week…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

February 5th. That's the day I guess it's still at least a glimmer of hope of maybe a flake or two. More importantly it's also the day Feb 20th will be in view on the ensembles, and if it still looks like this I'm at least walking to the cliff and most likely jumping. There is simply still no cold air showing up. Fab Feb is quickly going down the shitter
gfs-ens_T2ma_namer_65.png

Last edited:
Back