• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Encountered a roach early this morning. :(

That’s enough of the warm weather considering that. Let’s get back to the freezing temps overnight now (only gonna get my wish tonight for now).
Did you encounting him in the wild or in you hose. ? He# He probability to looking to look for q scrape of food.

I swear yesterday at this time we were optimistic...and then today we woke up and realized we live in the SE and we often track snow events that comfortably evolve into drenching rains.

Going from worry about suppression across the board, to complete lack of cold air in one model suite is mind blowing. I don't think the NFL is rigged but sometimes I think Southern weather models are.

I’ll level with y’all in the Carolinas and Georgia outside of elevation.. At this point I’d set a little money aside for a chase. I know some of you guys have kids and if you’re like me it bothers you that you’re missing out on some key years to really enjoy a good snowstorm with them. Go chase.

I’ll level with y’all in the Carolinas and Georgia outside of elevation.. At this point I’d set a little money aside for a chase. I know some of you guys have kids and if you’re like me it bothers you that you’re missing out on some key years to really enjoy a good snowstorm with them. Go chase.
data=tX7LSAuABYTs7-bTSzBzlEXKTyRtmS-ymWY6IDfrTMh92eGIx3CW5r6EMWGfgxthLSiPVtkrlrMnlEQLKRvthi5VJ_HuL9JyhGhfv_Xcw0HrcxKZ2NoC6ECBQ80_NneOUGkRccAl75xaV4p9CFzKT4aEkcTo3IOHe7ry,ZvVzJEWYdf_y3vfBfJaZVcHYq3ePHATBt0vpp_zfXYbNXvNeGxtb9dIB6NG3Y1d5t8PeRgEILZnVNJgPsFHn97udHJgEeAlCdr-zLIu2_O09gVvU8mqEoC6TueugR3JryxozDBuOBNpFI8z-m3S1lPGOV6eASK0yCNYMZdD5Dgc-LX1UePuBdU7YpM5SsfeggGQk_FiNkhH7eFHuaoV7apWCEHda0jfjjUlassDxmJoWVfmvG2pLv687Y1cdMOzC7PCfMoUXaDB6i0oKuuCuD13Ww4wR85zJRYcfVvQxIbkwdN1VL3aKy3zpHBxXj72PfuWTtayHeND3DJssZuket__z1xnbFB59HLuP3XSD9NNZUiSURskmYNie6TR79MQi713YXQQzeCIF_cgcc1D3NTKWXyc

That's a long drive man.

Going from worry about suppression across the board, to complete lack of cold air in one model suite is mind blowing. I don't think the NFL is rigged but sometimes I think Southern weather models are.

I never ever worry about supression...we always have to worry about if there is enough cold air...always.

pic of the day. Light snow falling still NW NC. The warm weather thawed the ole lake back out

View attachment 144032
Yeah, my son just got back to Boone to start weekly classes. Left at 5am and got to the Walmart parking lot at 8am, to then take the AppleCart (bus) to the college. But as soon as he got there he found out the AppleCart was delayed, and classes have moved to online. He then had to race back to the house so he could login in time.

Save the money & enjoy the big one in Mid to late February. She coming man... She comin.

Yeah, I'm starting to come to that realization, that I'm going to have to take quick weekend trips to the mountains to let them enjoy snow. Keeping an eye out this year especially. Mountains seemed to having a great year.

I love your optimism Mitch! Sometimes that's good to hear esp after a down set of model runs.
Thank you! No reason to let the let the past wiffs & let downs get to you in the present. Way to many post on here & on social media are driven off past frustrations. We are talking about the weather. In my opinion, either stay neutral or positive on it. Neutral is keeping it real & I can appreciate that. But just commenting off frustration from past let downs & taking it out on others (which is done at times) seems ridiculous. Now i can see how someone being overly positive can be annoying also, especially to the point where you are ignoring the obvious. But man just sit back & enjoy the ride. We will all be eating pizza & celebrating at some point in February.

man why does it feel like it’s about to be in a 3+ year snow drought.
Well Jimbo I'd say it's probably because it's likely at this point. 70% of our snow falls before Feb 15th. It's looking very likely we get to that date with nothing. So I guess we have a 30% chance left? Probably not how that works though but it sounds good, or bad depending on how you look at it ???

Thank you! No reason to let the let the past wiffs & let downs get to you in the present. Way to many post on here & on social media are driven off past frustrations. We are talking about the weather. In my opinion, either stay neutral or positive on it. Neutral is keeping it real & I can appreciate that. But just commenting off frustration from past let downs & taking it out on others (which is done at times) seems ridiculous. Now i can see how someone being overly positive can be annoying also, especially to the point where you are ignoring the obvious. But man just sit back & enjoy the ride. We will all be eating pizza & celebrating at some point in February.
Well said brother! I fully expected a series of bad trends at this time frame. I believe @Rainmentioned this as well. Ive been tracking and following weather boards for many years and can count on 1 hand the times that a threat has shown a snowstorm for 8-10 days straight. Typically we have a signal and everything looks like a go then to show a series of runs where we lose the cold or storm track takes an unfavorable track. Just to show us what's still possible. These waves aren't sampled yet and then in that 3-4 day window trends start going the right way. I wouldn't give up until Thursdays model runs if there's a consensus of lack of cold air or suppression. And even then if the temps are borderline we are still talking a Cad set up which is very hard to nail down by models. So if we still have the storm and temps are really close going into Friday there's still a chance!

Back