• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Whenever we have precip it's always lack of cold that's the problem if we're looking for snow. I am sure we'll have plenty of precip and supression won't be an issue. It will just be rain and in the 40s.

Encountered a roach early this morning. :(

That’s enough of the warm weather considering that. Let’s get back to the freezing temps overnight now (only gonna get my wish tonight for now).

I eluded to this the other day when we had all the positive trends. We're seeing now what could go wrong and the results. Happens every time when possible cad set ups are on the table. Id expect another day of bad trends then the turn midweek to a plausible solution. Hopefully it heads back the favorable way...we shall see

Feels like this one is probably cooked. Don’t worry though. We still have a 9 day window But if we don’t score in that window chances are it will be Jan 2025 and you will still be looking back at 2022 as your last measurable snow. It will continue to compound from there.

Feels like this one is probably cooked. Don’t worry though. We still have a 9 day window But if we don’t score in that window chances are it will be Jan 2025 and you will still be looking back at 2022 as your last measurable snow. It will continue to compound from there.
With next year being a nina we better score in Nov dec Jan, I'm already punting Feb 25

What’s funny is we never really got all that many runs that gave us snow here on the ops. Every cycle was “tweak this an inch and it’s a monster”. Then the next run would make a huge step in that direction and it still wouldn’t show snow. “One more change like that and it’s a monster”. It’d be nice to get a legit threat under 5 days where it’s showing snow but thermals are the concern

First year ninas can go harder than they should. I have some optimism that mid Dec-late January next year is as good as we've seen in 5-10 years
Yeah you’ll never hear me complain about a Niña. We can sometimes luck into a clipper between 3 week torch windows. It’s honestly a pretty good deal compared to these perma-hot rain wrapped niños

First year ninas can go harder than they should in the first 2/3rds of the season. I have some optimism that mid Dec-late January next year is as good as we've seen in 5-10 years
Let's get through the March 1960 2024 version first. Ya know it's gonna be all the rage here in a couple of weeks.

Back