• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I'm getting really nervous about suppression now for some reason. I'd feel a lot better if the southern wave came in more robust and at a little higher latitude on tonights runs.
See the rule of thumb that I’ve always understood is that a southern stream wave will tend to leave North America at roughly the same latitude that it enters it. That run of the ICON shows it entering about the US/MEXICO border on the Baja peninsula. Again, just can’t be that worried about suppression with this strong of a STJ and a southern stream wave.

This is dumb
Jk it was a really good run.
CMC absolutely nukes the foothills/western Piedmont View attachment 143979View attachment 143980
Looks like we’re going to Cashiers
?‍♂️

If it makes anybody feel better, GFS gives me 2 rain events by Valentine’s Day!

It's an unusual setup. An atypical NE flow that depends on an NE system of sufficient strength and orientation and a southern LP to tap that flow simultaneously. Not the usual 1040HP over-locked in over the NE US that brings the usual CAD.

Let's see what the ensembles look like before letting one disappointing deterministic run for next week before cliff diving.
Iv seen this show too many times. It’s cliff diving time.

Back