• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Damn y’all complain when it’s amped on modeling yall complain when there’s a bullseye on modeling y’all complain if there’s suppression showing up. Y’all make me want to commit CBT
The best way I tell people about this hobby is it’s like a pitcher when they give up a homer. You put that out of your mind and you focus on the thing in front of you. You do that really well along with some others. Some folks ain’t as good.

Yeah I think I’m more worried about this than most tbh

Yeah, skimming the thread, catching up, looks pretty suppressed to me. Seems like we need a bit of phasing to nudge it up as we don't have our usual WAR.

I'm not sure what else would pull up the storm up our way with such a strong 50/50 so close.

And ensembles are great, but I'd like to see some operational hits this week. I don't know. At least it's a truly trackable.

Enchanted.
That’s a good one yeah, do you like love story? Want to do a swifty karaoke night? They do swifty parties at this place in Durham occasionally want to go together? We can do an eras tour movie night bro. @SD is a big swifty he will come in swifty pajamas

What’s the most reactions on a post in history here? wow’s is over 50 ?
The most I've ever seen was Griteater's first post on here with 64.
I am such a virgin, this is my first post......."but don't call it a comeback! I've been here for years!" ?

What I mean by that is...the very first post I made on a weather board back in Dec 2007 was on Talkweather where I barged into an ongoing thread and got into a debate with the legend himself, SD, over the ideal placement of western ridging lol, lol...which is ironic given the upcoming pattern.

Anyway, hopefully I can add to the discussion in here and not take away from it or be a distraction.

From a pattern standpoint, we've had a bit of a delay here in early Jan as the Pac Jet extension has trended stronger and farther east on the modeling. The dates I'm watching are Jan 17-18 as this is at the point where the pattern retrogrades off the E Coast a bit, and the + anomalies are at a point along the Rocky Mtn divide. I want to see how this changes over the next week (i.e. whether it moves up in time or is delayed). I don't anticipate a delay, but we'll see.

knmraxW.png

Sexy look here on Jan 19...Aleutian Low with high pressure lined up from Bismark to China

vX4avlu.png

I'm getting really nervous about suppression now for some reason. I'd feel a lot better if the southern wave came in more robust and at a little higher latitude on tonights runs.

Back