• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I've got to save this image. It is the strongest snow mean off the GEFS for my area this winter. I usually start paying attention and anticipate a somewhat elevated chance of real snow when I go above a 2" mean, however, I've already thrown in the towel, so it's just a fluke.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-28 081858.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-28 081858.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 40
The only thing we've been missing is some big hitting Euro runs so far... and ideally those would be jackpotting the I-20 corridor right now.

My location has over a one inch snow mean on a threat that is virtually a week away. I don’t know if I should get excited or prepare for excessive disappointment. For context, my location has not received a snow fall excessive of one inch since February 12, 2010 while areas latitudinally more South to the west have been absolutely pummeled. The only stretch of this magnitude in terms of a snow drought transpired in the 40’s/50’s. I might have to take a mental health this week in anticipation of the great Ocmulgee/Oconee River Region Region Snow Shield finally being eradicated.

My location has over a one inch snow mean on a threat that is virtually a week away. I don’t know if I should get excited or prepare for excessive disappointment. For context, my location has not received a snow fall excessive of one inch since February 12, 2010 while areas latitudinally more South to the west have been absolutely pummeled. The only stretch of this magnitude in terms of a snow drought transpired in the 40’s/50’s. I might have to take a mental health this week in anticipation of the great Ocmulgee/Oconee River Region Region Snow Shield finally being eradicated.
Going to need temps a good 25-30 degrees colder than they are currently forecasting. Highs in the upper 50s won’t get it done.

A one inch day 8 snow mean means you're in the game at least; and that's all you can ask for this point.

I think that’s pretty self explanatory, the models producing that snow mean would obviously have the temperature profile to support the frozen precipitation.
Not to mention any human forecaster isn't going to go wild at d7/8 and put out a 33 and snow forecast in this region without incredible support and even then most likely wouldn't

Kind of sad that the 6z gfs at face value would be the biggest snow storm in over 2 years here with just the rain to snow behind the front
It's been a good while since we've had it go that way. Usually, it's snow to ice to rain.

Not quite 7 days away for the potential storm and the trends are looking good right now. Just waiting for Lucy to pull away the football, though.
Lucky throw the ball down fields. It not q wise to giving up yet. @weatherwebber said to wait the big dogs? beside a look tike this make you licking you chaps

IMG_6407.png

Back