• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

@KyloG here's what you said the euro showed around January 15th: "Today's Euro run shows amped phase 6 to end Jan....that ain't good. But I get it, if we want to close our eyes and hope, that sounds fun too."

Just goes to show how bad 10-14 day MJO forecasts are. The Euro now has a de-amped phase 7 approaching phase 8 to end January.
Maybe you were using reverse psychology, either way, it worked! haha.

FYI, I don't mean any disrespect and hope this doesn't come off like i'm attacking you, I was more just curious to see how it played out b/c I always feel like every time I watch mjo forecasts it goes horribly wrong; usually in the wrong direction, but this time it finally shifted in our favor.

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 7.45.11 AM.png

@KyloG here's what you said the euro showed around January 15th: "Today's Euro run shows amped phase 6 to end Jan....that ain't good. But I get it, if we want to close our eyes and hope, that sounds fun too."

Just goes to show how bad 10-14 day MJO forecasts are. The Euro now has a de-amped phase 7 approaching phase 8 to end January.
Maybe you were using reverse psychology, either way, it worked! haha.

FYI, I don't mean any disrespect and hope this doesn't come off like i'm attacking you, I was more just curious to see how it played out b/c I always feel like every time I watch mjo forecasts it goes horribly wrong; usually in the wrong direction, but this time it finally shifted in our favor.

View attachment 143590

The MJO did go into high ph6 to end Jan but seems to be quicker than originally thought. And you are trying to publically call me out...2nd time now.

Disappointing to see mods liking posts attacking others. But I guess we cool with that now.

View attachment 143591
Dude I'm not attacking you. Maybe mildly calling you out, if anything your post saying "if we want to close our eyes and hope" was more of an "attack" than anything i've posted. That said, I don't mind the banter, but since it bothers you, i'll drop it.

Disappointing to see mods liking posts attacking others. But I guess we cool with that now.
I think I may have liked one of those because of the MJO map that seems to be correcting to a more favorable phase quicker. I think most all of us here would agree that you both are quality posters and have been for years and years. I hate to see you unhappy. Message me and we can chat more and hopefully smooth things over.

I agree he's a great poster.

We all felt the despair of how models looked 10-12 days ago, Kylo was just one of few who voiced it on here.

Let's all just be glad that we have a great chance to salvage the first half of February.

and I apologize for tagging you in the mjo posts. I should have worded my posts better, so it didn't come off like an attack. My only point was I think the long range mjo forecasts are usually trash, and that's just from anecdotal evidence watching them over the years. Not saying "I'm right and you're wrong."

Last edited:

View attachment 143591
I liked the second one because of the information and because he specifically said he wasn't attacking you. I didn't feel it was over the top. But since apologies have been made, it seems like we're all good here.

Back