• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I remember it well. I've likely shared this story or something similar a couple of times previously. It was a cold rain throughout the entire morning and most of the afternoon while I was at work. An older lady who didn't work in my department but worked in very close proximity would often listen to the radio all day mentioned she had heard a snowstorm was soon headed our way and should arrive around 3pm (she announced this around 2:15pm) She went on to state that we were expecting between 4"-6", and I was like "WTH?!" I would often watch the local news while getting ready for work in the mornings and no such thing was forecasted.

The transition from rain to snow occurred slightly before 3pm and it went from light to moderate snow rather quickly. It looked liked a handful of chicken trucks crashed as the flakes were fat and falling at a fairly rapid pace as we left work. It was a wet snow as it caused numerous power outages. Shortly after midnight, the snow dissipated and we were sitting around with approximately 6 1/2 inches. We missed the remainder of the week of work as that stuff wouldn't melt for anything.

One of the more memorable storms I can recall.
That’s a great story! Matches up well with many others!

We're gonna be in phase 6 for.... two days?? paging kyle

View attachment 143292

Haha...you spelled my name wrong, didn't capitalize the K and you were waiting for the first MJO run to show what you want so you could throw it my face. I see I've been living rent free in your mind...?. I see it's going to be that kind of day...

And are we cherry picking MJO forecasts?

GEFS_BC.png

Back