• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

The TN storm is pretty demoralizing for Asheville TBH. Mountains get little. Hopefully AVL can score sometime this winter *fingers crossed*

I'm starting to get upset and have to rant. What has happened to purchase weather the last 10 years east of the apps. I know we all love cad on this side but the good ones don't seem to happen anymore and all we get is the mountains blocking our cold. This didn't seem to happen near as bad uears ago and CAD strong event were often. Here we go wit the same Ole junk. Nashville will be near 0 next week and we are 50 degrees. Even New Orleans will be down below freezing. Places that did average half to third of my annual 6 to 8" snow have gotten way more especially last 5 years. I have been positive for this mid Jan stuff but all models show the same cold stuck west of apps despite unbelievable blocking.

I know, wait for fab feb.

I'm starting to get upset and have to rant. What has happened to purchase weather the last 10 years east of the apps. I know we all love cad on this side but the good ones don't seem to happen anymore and all we get is the mountains blocking our cold. This didn't seem to happen near as bad uears ago and CAD strong event were often. Here we go wit the same Ole junk. Nashville will be near 0 next week and we are 50 degrees. Even New Orleans will be down below freezing. Places that did average half to third of my annual 6 to 8" snow have gotten way more especially last 5 years. I have been positive for this mid Jan stuff but all models show the same cold stuck west of apps despite unbelievable blocking.

The general rule is that the further west you are in the south the easier it is to get cold.

Yeah this upcoming pattern seems to have Feb 21 written all over it. It's a total gut punch when you already have a kidney stone but there isn't a single thing we can do about it but take it.

The general rule is that the further west you are in the south the easier it is to get cold.
That's absolutely the case, the only Artic cold fronts that have effectively crossed Georgia in the past decade was December 2022, January 2014, and January 2018. It's getting to the point of where it's far easier to get snow in Hattiesburg, MS than Macon, GA.

Back