• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Yeah but in early December ? I think i can safely say i will never see this much snow this time of year ever again. Heck before yesterday i had never seen snow on the ground before Mid Dec.
Blizzard of 93 happened in mid march. Who knows what Mother Nature has in store.

Blizzard of 93 happened in mid march. Who knows what Mother Nature has in store.
As crazy as this may sound, getting this much snow is more impressive in early December than it is in Mid March. This will go down as my favorite winter storm of all time, topping the Blizzard of 93.

I actually think the models did a great job with this storm. They kept showing a swath of 6-12" in pretty much the exact same areas they got 6-12". The weather forecasters saw these models and should have forecast accordingly.

The main roads are not bad at all around here. Some of the side roads however are going to be very icy in the morning.

Just updating this post with a picture of the measurement I did in the grass in my front yard. It was actually just shy of 5 inches.
yvnXjXG.jpg
You’re west of the connector, correct?

I actually think the models did a great job with this storm. They kept showing a swath of 6-12" in pretty much the exact same areas they got 6-12". The weather forecasters saw these models and should have forecast accordingly.
More likely for ATL forecasters is they opted for conservatism after last year's let down.

Hate...clinging to every last flurry

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Last moderate band moving through now, I've got about .2 on the ground, solid coating... kind of surprised not in advisory for black ice tonight

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last moderate band moving through now, I've got about .2 on the ground, solid coating... kind of surprised not in advisory for black ice tonight

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's awesome man. Congrats hoping a few snow showers pop up with the upper low tonight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back