• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Rain-snow line sitting right about where this bright band in the correlation coefficient (which measures the similarity and the horizontally and vertical polarized EM waves emitted from the radar that gives us an idea on the oblateness, shape, etc of raindrops and/or melting snowflakes) shows it's sitting along a line from Asheboro to Burlington, Hillsborough, Oxford, and Henderson.
Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 11.57.51 AM.png

I am know in winter storm warning in effect 5pm till 10am tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The way things are going now, I have to wonder if KATL may just get their 1st major Dec snow or sleet in exactly 100 years after all! Last one was 12/11-13/1917. Sis is now having to pick up my nephew from his school that just let out. Snowing there for last hour or more.

Rain-snow line sitting right about where this bright band in the correlation coefficient (which measures the similarity and the horizontally and vertical polarized EM waves emitted from the radar that gives us an idea on the oblateness, shape, etc of raindrops and/or melting snowflakes) shows it's sitting along a line from Asheboro to Burlington, Hillsborough, Oxford, and Henderson.
Posted this in banter but it's dang close
2a7a8a4bad0257b6980afd9174127bee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Up to over 4" here...huge fat flakes and lots of 'em coming down fast. And still so much more on the way. This is the best snow in forever.

Yep. RDU has already wet bulbed to the max however melting aloft and sensible heat transfer from heavier precipitation could push us down the extra degree or two we really need
It was sleet with that heavier band that moved through Roanoke Rapids, I'm almost optimistic if rates ramp up I could flip for a short time...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We have a major snowstorm here north of Atlanta. Big heavy flakes falling and a lot more downstream. It is phenomenal to see a snow event like this here, so early in the winter.

I am very concerned about the power lines. This is a very heavy, wet snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep me updated, y'all. I'll be going through Atlanta tomorrow and I hope we don't have SnowJam round 3 there. I want to see how good this ends up, but I don't want to end up not being able to make it through to my Christmas party tomorrow evening!

I can see it already sticking to some roads in Decatur area (South DeKalb)...pouring snow nicely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep. RDU has already wet bulbed to the max however melting aloft and sensible heat transfer from heavier precipitation could push us down the extra degree or two we really need
It really sucks how things rarely bust in our favor. I mean, it was sleeting the other day at 47.

Back