• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

We do well here in Winston Salem more often than not.
SO HAPPY for those of you south and west. Congrats

Whitfield County Schools in Georgia (Dalton area) are releasing early. The snow is coming down pretty hard. Roads still look fine, but the snow is sticking to grass with no problems. This came out of left field for us. All of the news channel said we might get a flurry or two, but that was it.

Per the 11:00am FFC briefing, north GA is going to be dealing with this system all night long (which is something that most of us here probably already realized), and the I-85 corridor of metro Atlanta will experience some heavy rates. Expansion of the advisory areas will likely happen later on today...
ffc_brf_120817.png

Wow is all I can say. Such a beautiful sight! My idiot husband is about to attempt to go to the store... We live on top of a mountain... This should be interesting lol Everyone enjoy this mysterious white stuff that is falling from the sky! Keep those totals coming in. We must be at around 3" here in Hoover and its still coming down pretty good.

Back