• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Mischief For Upper SE 3/12/18

Forget the snowhole! I'm all in on the ICON. Also, you know the tag is tropical, right? :p
icon_asnow_seus_25.png

I'd like to see some snow, even if it doesn't accumulate. Would be better than rain.

Todays ICON trends are impressive. I will be in Northern VA on Sunday evening so would like to see southern ULL go neutral and get captured. icon_z500_vort_us_fh69_trend.gif

Last edited:
The deeper snows this far South (CAE) on the Icon are fantasy. I do not see how the surface layer is going to be close to allowing snowfall that could potentially even accumulate on top of the tallest trees.

Graupel could be in the cards with a robust ULL swinging through though.

Back in November 1st of 2014, this area did experience quite an impressive snow squall that accumulated. Different season, different time.

You and I both know that ain’t happening...SMH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said it wasn't happening in November of 2014 too. This is a different scenario & season though. I just can't get excited, but I was not excited then either. Stranger things have happened, but my gut says "meh."

Looking at this seasons snow maps, the last run of the ICON finally gives areas that have been blanked snow. Of course that would happen just to keep me from complaining I saw no accumulation all season.

The fact that there is even the slightest chance of snow in the south in Mid March with a September sun angle is borderline ridiculous.

Looking at other modeling such as the NAM & Canadian, GFS, the ULL really isn't a factor like something the ICON shows around here.

This far South, I watched the icon over do things all season for my back yard.

I said it wasn't happening in November of 2014 too. This is a different scenario & season though. I just can't get excited, but I was not excited then either. Stranger things have happened, but my gut says "meh."

Looking at this seasons snow maps, the last run of the ICON finally gives areas that have been blanked snow. Of course that would happen just to keep me from complaining I saw no accumulation all season.

Yep. Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that there is even the slightest chance of snow in the south in Mid March with a September sun angle is borderline ridiculous.
How many snows have there been in September compared to March? Probably way more. It's not that ridiculous if you take into consideration where actually has a chance at accumulation. I'm, just looking for maybe a flake at most if given the chance. If I don't get that, at least I hope DC gets no more snow or nothing.

How many snows have there been in September compared to March? Probably way more. It's not that ridiculous if you take into consideration where actually has a chance at accumulation. I'm, just looking for maybe a flake at most if given the chance. If I don't get that, at least I hope DC gets no more snow or nothing.
I really wished this event could have been 1 week earlier! We would have easily doubled actual snowfall! That Daylight savings time is a killer!:cool:

Back