• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Fantasy Maps

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_42.png
LOL

All this is making me think is, "Damn, I really miss December 2010." We had so many opportunities for wintry weather in that month/year than I can remember for any December. We almost had snow on the 8th (fell as virga, never reached the surface), I got a surprise 1/2 inch of snow imby on the 12th (don't know if the airport got anything), we had ice/sleet on the 15th in Atlanta/North Georgia, and of course we can't forget the best event of them all the White Christmas. That alone made Christmas 2010 the best Christmas ever, I never thought I would be alive to see a White Christmas in Atlanta.

I'm adding the clown map from 12z GFS from 11/28/2017. This thread should be interesting to look back and see which if any of the fantasy storms actually became reality. Hopefully more clown maps to follow...

2017-11-29_12z_GFS.png

Back