• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

When the GEFS is your only hope....

200w.gif

Meh, never been a fan of ULLs for CLT, and the create your own cold storms. With no good CAD, IMO this is mostly rain IMBY. Best case, some sloppy snow falls and melts immediately. Most likely case, it's another cold rain. If I didn't have superbowl party plans I'd be running to Boone though. Looks like they're going to really get pasted this time. Reminds me of a March "event".

it really is amazing how perfectly this set up had to trend to get where we are now. I’d say it was like 100 to 1 odds a few days ago. Webb has to be shaking his head that it’s even gotten to this point, lol. There’s pretty much zero wiggle room in any direction but we’re getting close enough now where maybe somebody can reel it in.

I'm just a realist & prefer to keep people's expectations in check. :)
Honestly don't have an issue with that at all, in fact we all should probably be realist and keep expectations in check, but we're snow starved southern winter weather weenies, so we sometimes fail. When it does become an issue is IF it turns into an argument or back & forth page after page. That's all I'm saying

Just like clippers, these cutoff lows can produce. I remember once where RDU got five inches. It was a funny looking radar with snow in the middle (heavier returns) and rain wrapped all around (as lighter returns). It was pretty but it was sloppy. I totally agree with others, there will probably be some folks really happy and many more not. As Allan stated the greatest odds are out west. But, nothing is set in stone right now. We could end up having folks down east score the only flakes while others just see light rain. We need more model runs..

Honestly don't have an issue with that at all, in fact we all should probably be realist and keep expectations in check, but we're snow starved southern winter weather weenies, so we sometimes fail. When it does become an issue is IF it turns into an argument or back & forth page after page. That's all I'm saying

The argument was very on topic and pretty civil overall and the thread wasn’t derailing at all. Don’t see what the fuss is about.

Back