• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Idk what’s more irresponsible than posting 384 hr gfs operational stratosphere maps. It’s worse than snow maps if I’m being honest because as bad as the gfs is in the troposphere that far out, it’s that much worse at 10mb.

If you do that and you’re a meteorologist, you deserve to get called out for it

Idk what’s more irresponsible than posting 384 hr gfs operational stratosphere maps. It’s worse than snow maps if I’m being honest because as bad as the gfs is in the troposphere that far out, it’s that much worse at 10mb.

If you do that and you’re a meteorologist, you deserve to get called out for it
Webber bro why you so hostile all the time 24/7

Webber bro why you so hostile all the time 24/7

It's very irresponsible & Judah deserved to be called out for it. He's probably the biggest reason people like Mark Margavage exist on social media, who purposely misinterpret every flinch of the stratosphere circulation to the nth degree (aside from other things), even though most of the time it doesn't matter at all & misleads everyone + completely discredits people like me that try to be as objective as possible. It makes my job a lot harder than it needs to be, particularly from a communication & trust standpoint.

To your other point, in all honesty, I have to be edgy when everyone on here constantly has to take what I say out of context + blow it out of proportion, particularly when I'm not expecting a cold/snowy pattern to come to fruition.

Sure, I love snow just as much as the next guy (& arguably more than most here considering I'd drive 2 hours one way to just see some flurries in the Desert at 2am), but I really, really don't appreciate it when everyone's frustrations are being taken out on me & I have to deal with personal attacks on a sub-daily basis when I'm not talking about cold/snow, even when none is objectively visible on the horizon. Don't shoot the messenger, because in the end that's all I really am, & unlike 80-90% of the big names out there I see posted on this forum most days, I could care less if it snows or not in the context of the forecast. If I see a warm pattern, I jump on it, if I think it's gonna be cold/snowy, I jump on it with the exact same amount of fervor. I've learned to separate my emotions for cold/snow from the forecast and I hope everyone here finds a way to do this, because if you can accomplish this, I'm willing to bet we'd all be able to get along infinitely better.

I'm not here to make you feel good, I'm not here to be everyone's friend (because I know I won't please everyone), I just like talking about subseasonal forecasting, which includes both weather & climate. If you don't like my opinion or what I have to say, there's an ignore button.

If the number of disrespectful personal attacks, mocking, etc. that's directed at me every single day here simmered down, I probably wouldn't be so hostile. Just saying.

It's very irresponsible & Judah deserved to be called out for it. He's probably the biggest reason people like Mark Margavage exist on social media, who purposely misinterpret every flinch of the stratosphere circulation to the nth degree (aside from other things), even though most of the time it doesn't matter at all & misleads everyone + completely discredits people like me that try to be as objective as possible. It makes my job a lot harder than it needs to be, particularly from a communication & trust standpoint.

To your other point, in all honesty, I have to be edgy when everyone on here constantly has to take what I say out of context + blow it out of proportion, particularly when I'm not expecting a cold/snowy pattern to come to fruition.

Sure, I love snow just as much as the next guy (& arguably more than most here considering I'd drive 2 hours one way to just see some flurries in the Desert at 2am), but I really, really don't appreciate it when everyone's frustrations are being taken out on me & I have to deal with personal attacks on a sub-daily basis when I'm not talking about cold/snow, even when none is objectively visible on the horizon. Don't shoot the messenger, because in the end that's all I really am, & unlike 80-90% of the big names out there I see posted on this forum most days, I could care less if it snows or not in the context of the forecast. If I see a warm pattern, I jump on it, if I think it's gonna be cold/snowy, I jump on it with the exact same amount of fervor. I've learned to separate my emotions for cold/snow from the forecast and I hope everyone here finds a way to do this, because if you can accomplish this, I'm willing to bet we'd all be able to get along infinitely better.

I'm not here to make you feel good, I'm not here to be everyone's friend (because I know I won't please everyone), I just like talking about subseasonal forecasting, which includes both weather & climate. If you don't like my opinion or what I have to say, there's an ignore button.

If the number of disrespectful personal attacks, mocking, etc. that's directed at me every single day here simmered down, I probably wouldn't be so hostile. Just saying.
You da man Webb

View from northern Vermont today about a stones throw away from the Canadian border. It was so cold places were closed Friday-Saturday. Where we were staying had recorded temps of -40F supposedly at the summit. Coldest I saw was -22F on the car thermometer. As impressive as the cold was, today thawed out and was above freezing late in the day.

Attachments

• C74CFF6E-A2DD-464A-8A8B-9345F91C4379.jpeg
    C74CFF6E-A2DD-464A-8A8B-9345F91C4379.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24

I don’t think this response could have been articulated any better. I applaud your patience and efforts to inform this community with your advanced meteorological knowledge. Keep up the good work my man!!

Looks like spring...Really disappointed in this Winter, probably the worst I experienced. Should have seen it coming with all the water vapor Tonga injected into the Stratosphere.

cltgfs.png

Back