• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Mount Washington recorded a new record low of -47.1 this morning breaking the old record of -32.

North Carolinas historical record low is -34 in 1987. So before last night we had Mount Washington beat.

I think you are referring to the all time low which was far lower than -32. Mt Washington’s all time low was tied while the daily record low was smashed. They have always had a colder record low than us. Mt Mitchell holds our record .

According to Twitter the balloon was seen around Asheville and then near Lake Lure within the last hour. I don’t know how reliable those reports are though.

These cold weekends are getting old. Torch the weekends away and cool the weekdays down
When you root for the torch all winter you inevitably get screwed on the weekends. It's the weather gods way of evening things out. I think it's awesome. ?

starts to warm up rains, cool back down or get little colder it dries up no moisture.... no severe weather no winter storms... wash lather rinse repeat pattern can winter please go ahead and end. this may need to go to the banter thread lol sorry

Last edited:
Why is this in the Everything Else forums now? And what happened to the other emoticons?
Makes it less easy to access and less tempting when it's not in the weather section. Also, it's nice to keep actual weather discussion in the weather section and the 79 this winter sucks posts everyday tucked safely away here far away

Makes it less easy to access and less tempting when it's not in the weather section. Also, it's nice to keep actual weather discussion in the weather section and the 79 this winter sucks posts everyday tucked safely away here far away
So, instead of making it easier to access and keep whamby posts out of the Feb thread, it's better to hide it away where people can't find it so they make more winter sucks posts in the Feb thread. Great idea.

Back