• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I told you George straits was good! F most modern country . That’s what I’ve always said!
I can't listen to modern country. It really started going downhill around 2000 and has just kept going. I keep my radio on a sports station now. Back in the late 80's I could listen to our country stations for up to 12 hours a day. Country music from around 1956 through about 1991 is hard to beat though.

I spoke above about Chickens,, Yes, I have a *backyard Flock*..
13 Hens & One Rooster..

NO, I don't have a "Coop" per-se.. Just a garage type encloser, for them too Roost in & Lay Eggs..

Have 5 Cinnamon Queens & 9 Sapphire Jems..

I INVESTED in them Last May, seeing the forward thinking about.. (food Production & inflation Pricing)..

Currently 51F
Pressure 30.19 in
Visibility/ overcast/Cloudy

Dew Point 44 F
Humidity 83 %
Great post! I think it should be illegal for HOAs to restrict backyard flocks. (My HOA!)

https://toomanyeggs.com/ is free (or donation) from John C. Dvorak's wife.

"Too Many Eggs is compendium of all things eggs. It is the most comprehensive book on egg cookery ever written. It contains hundreds of egg-specific recipes and the background stories behind the recipes."

Thank you for posting this!
Great point about the straw in the coop, we use wood shavings only, also important for them to have sand or very dry dirt for them to take their dirt baths. Yes they prefer dirt baths, quite entertaining seeing them do so, because of the natural oils in their feathers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Second the Dry baths.. (it also helps them too "wash" lice & parasites off their bodies/feathers.. )

Caribou, ME could have wind chills of -60 tomorrow ! Some are calling this a generational arctic outbreak.
Everything is generational nowadays. I mean, you can't have weather anymore without being a once in a 500 year event or pattern or outbreak or whatever.

Everything is generational nowadays. I mean, you can't have weather anymore without being a once in a 500 year event or pattern or outbreak or whatever.
We haven't had a generational event around here. Our weather is too boring. We may have a chance at a generational heatwave. Heat is all we do right

Back