• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Dang, where is the real @Rain Cold
They're probably not going to get any better from here either. It doesn't matter if it's La Nina, El Nino, 4th year Nina, Nada, Nino^-1 West, or anything else. Every winter is above normal and you have to scratch and claw to even get an event to track, much less come to fruition. We spend the bulk of our climo-favored time +7 now, with maybe some mercy cold late in the season and through the Spring.

I used to enjoy heading into Winter and looked forward to all of the seasonal forecasts. Not anymore. It's simply just foolish to produce a cold outlook anymore. There seem to be literally no combination of variables that lead to anything lower than maybe a -1 for the winter. It sucks.
Who dis? And what did you do with the real @Rain Cold

They're probably not going to get any better from here either. It doesn't matter if it's La Nina, El Nino, 4th year Nina, Nada, Nino^-1 West, or anything else. Every winter is above normal and you have to scratch and claw to even get an event to track, much less come to fruition. We spend the bulk of our climo-favored time +7 now, with maybe some mercy cold late in the season and through the Spring.

I used to enjoy heading into Winter and looked forward to all of the seasonal forecasts. Not anymore. It's simply just foolish to produce a cold outlook anymore. There seem to be literally no combination of variables that lead to anything lower than maybe a -1 for the winter. It sucks.
Welcome to global warming

We've had stretches of bad years in the past. Hopefully this is another that's about to end. Three years of la nina have not been good for us in the SE. The mid-south is another story. Memphis has been the winter storm capital (for at least my latitude).

Back