• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I don't even think the pattern matters anymore. We have had so-called great patterns in the past and got nothing, and ended up getting a winter storm in supposedly not so good patterns. I think these days it is just harder to get anything no matter what, but it doesn't help that the we can't get the good patterns that worked in the past as often as we used to.
We haven't had a great pattern since probably 2018. We've had good ones but good still opens the door to miss, see December 22, January 22, January 19. Even the current setup isn't bad but we are missing the necessary wave timing or something to suppress the SER. There's a reason we don't average more snow and our snow history is chaotic year to year

they are in the top 5 for most tornadoes per year, they get more rain than any other state, and more lightning. Plus hurricanes. How is that boring ?
Tornadoes and severe weather dont interest me at all. Rain? Meh, everyone gets rain. Its just a boring state weather wise and the land is dull too...lol

Nah, Florida has the most boring climate in the country.
I'd say Georgia and SC have the most boring climate when you are talking states. There are areas in southern California, Arizona and New Mexico more boring. But that's not saying those whole states are boring like GA and SC are.

I'd say Georgia and SC have the most boring climate when you are talking states. There are areas in southern California, Arizona and New Mexico more boring. But that's not saying those whole states are boring like GA and SC are.
I would definitely say Georgia. Every state surrounding Georgia has more interesting weather, except maybe SC.

I'd say Florida wins. No winter weather, no extreme heat waves, not many tornados, no microclimates due to terrain. They've got hurricane's going for them, but that's about it. Georgia and South Carolina can do hurricanes too, but also get some winter weather and more severe weather, and also have mountain climates.

I'd say Florida wins. No winter weather, no extreme heat waves, not many tornados, no microclimates due to terrain. They've got hurricane's going for them, but that's about it. Georgia and South Carolina can do hurricanes too, but also get some winter weather and more severe weather, and also have mountain climates.
9B0A91EB-D925-4829-ACD9-2144A55AD638.jpeg

I would definitely say Georgia. Every state surrounding Georgia has more interesting weather, except maybe SC.
It's a close race between the 2. Either one hardly ever gets big time tornado outbreaks with long track violent tornadoes. Not that that's a bad thing. But I'd give GA the edge on that. West GA can get the storms coming out of Alabama. Neither get hurricanes unless they are Gulf remnants or a cat one scraping the coast on the way out. Finally neither get more than a 6 inch snow hardly ever. You can always bring up Hugo and the 1973 snowstorm for SC and the blizzard of 93 for GA, but those are exceptions not the rule. 2 of the most boring places in the US hands down if you like extremes.

I'd say Colorado has the most diverse climate. Extremely cold valley locations, tons of snow, can get extreme heatwaves, can do severe wx including tornados.

I would say California hands down but they dont get tornado's regularly so meh.

View attachment 131859
No "strong" tornados.

The Western states are the most beautiful imo, and Florida to me is not pretty at all. So the lack of natural beauty and a climate with very little change makes it hands down the last place i want to live.

View attachment 131859
I'd say Florida is up there with the other 2 and could possibly edge out the win I guess. They do have violent hurricanes and thunderstorms in the summer with lightning like I've never seen in SC though.

Back