• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

What a sucky pattern. Going to be all this cold in the NE and we're trying to get a boundary wedge to see a little ice. Reminds me if the infamous Feb 21 except its to our NE instaed of West. Then it looks like there's no end in sight with the rain.

Could be an interesting drive home from the mountains on Sunday depending on how this plays out. Might have to come up with a contingency plan if things keep looking interesting later in the week. Maybe I’ll get an extra day of vacation out of it.

Feel your pain. Usually we have a fantasy storm to give us false hope.
Yeah, I don’t think we’ve even had any true legit fantasy storms to track, granted I’ve been kind of tuned out because it’s so depressing. I guess it looks like there might be some crap system over the weekend that won’t give us snow but maybe some of us IP or ZR? Smh.

Yeah, I don’t think we’ve even had any true legit fantasy storms to track, granted I’ve been kind of tuned out because it’s so depressing. I guess it looks like there might be some crap system over the weekend that won’t give us snow but maybe some of us IP or ZR? Smh.

Lol, you just have to lower your standards based on the applicable pattern/winter. I'd gladly take a sleetfest in this winter and crud pattern and call it a win.

Otoh, if we had a pna, -nao, cold phase mjo etc, I'd look for a Miller A or bust.

We can't even get ice. The Euro will be right. Usually the model with nothing is.
Actually ice is the hardest thing to get anymore. That's why there hasn't been a big ice storm here in almost 20 years. So what makes us think now is the time? Especially with an awful pattern

I don't even think the pattern matters anymore. We have had so-called great patterns in the past and got nothing, and ended up getting a winter storm in supposedly not so good patterns. I think these days it is just harder to get anything no matter what, but it doesn't help that the we can't get the good patterns that worked in the past as often as we used to.

Back