• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I'm about scared to post this but here goes---- anybody seen any sleet mixed with the rain today? I have a friend POWERSTROKE that was in Winston and had sleet mixing in. I couldn't hardly believe it so he sent me a video of hit bouncing on his hood and his car read 43 degrees.
Don’t be afraid big frosty that doesn’t sound impossible. It’s mid 50s here though where I am so no sleet.

Never understood why people get excited over sleet or ice. All I care about is snow.
Freezing rain I don’t understand wanting. Sleet on the other hand can be cool especially if you get a lot before a switch to snow. Having a few inches of sleet under snow can give it great staying power. In 2015 I had a massive amount of sleet fall before switching to snow and it was the longest I’ve ever had snow stay on the ground. We had snow on the ground for 2 weeks straight. That’s why 2015 will always be Fab Feb!

Freezing rain I don’t understand wanting. Sleet on the other hand can be cool especially if you get a lot before a switch to snow. Having a few inches of sleet under snow can give it great staying power. In 2015 I had a massive amount of sleet fall before switching to snow and it was the longest I’ve ever had snow stay on the ground. We had snow on the ground for 2 weeks straight. That’s why 2015 will always be Fab Feb!
I mean i'm ok with a little freezing rain, but i dont want a crippling ice storm. I do however, always wish for a crippling snow storm ?

Dear diary ,

Today marks day number 137383838 of CAD. It’s been 40 degrees and drizzling with occasional sleet pellets nonstop, yet the models lie… they forecast “ torches” . Oh these silly models ! Don’t they know ? CAD always happens. In other places they warm up for summer but you see the meteorologists who defined seasons missed something - it can not warm up here because CAD will always win out over increasing sun angle . The other month, I was forecast to be torching, I knew that to be impossible for CAD WILL ALWAYS WIN. I saw the sun pole through one day and noticed my thermometer read 70 degrees , so I threw it out as it could not be possible and recorded nothing but 40s for the entire month.

Sincerely ,

CAD
I am so glad you think of me so highly....lol

Can't wait for 12z tomorrow.

Tbh I hope it takes any threat away completely if it's not going to happen. Put us out of our misery
I just want to get NAM'd one time this winter! Digital snow is the best! We really don't want the real thing. It causes all kind of issues.

Back