• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I'm telling you, It's super bad when the CFS only has this for wintry weather for the whole month February.
prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

This foresaken winter would be a great time to get something historic like 93, then we’d all forget these past few that delivered nothing. Time will be running out soon.

This foresaken winter would be a great time to get something historic like 93, then we’d all forget these past few that delivered nothing. Time will be running out soon.
93 left a good many out in the Carolinas though. A storm as strong as that one was, tracking 75 miles SE of the superstorm track coming in Jan instead of March would get all of us. Except maybe south FLA.

93 left a good many out in the Carolinas though. A storm as strong as that one was, tracking 75 miles SE of the superstorm track coming in Jan instead of March would get all of us. Except maybe south FLA.
I got about 4” with it, but the sheer monster of it and the wind made it memorable to me

Never understood why people get excited over sleet or ice. All I care about is snow.
Cause some people just doesn't care about the safety and well being of others, all they care about are themselves. Ice storms can be very deadly if Severe enough. And this is coming from me as have been an EMT and having to save lives out in the stuff.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Cause some people just doesn't care about the safety and well being of others, all they care about are themselves. Ice storms can be very deadly if Severe enough. And this is coming from me as have been an EMT and having to save lives out in the stuff.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Personally I would rather have sleet than freezing rain. Sleet doesn’t cause as many problems I don’t think.

I'm about scared to post this but here goes---- anybody seen any sleet mixed with the rain today? I have a friend POWERSTROKE that was in Winston and had sleet mixing in. I couldn't hardly believe it so he sent me a video of hit bouncing on his hood and his car read 43 degrees.

Dear diary ,

Today marks day number 137383838 of CAD. It’s been 40 degrees and drizzling with occasional sleet pellets nonstop, yet the models lie… they forecast “ torches” . Oh these silly models ! Don’t they know ? CAD always happens. In other places they warm up for summer but you see the meteorologists who defined seasons missed something - it can not warm up here because CAD will always win out over increasing sun angle . The other month, I was forecast to be torching, I knew that to be impossible for CAD WILL ALWAYS WIN. I saw the sun pole through one day and noticed my thermometer read 70 degrees , so I threw it out as it could not be possible and recorded nothing but 40s for the entire month.

Sincerely ,

CAD

Back