• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Why does Webber think everyone is Wishcasting every time someone makes a comment? I Mean Damn can people not respond what he don't make a Smartass comment back? He's nothing more than a know it all. And yes he is on ignore but you can still see comments that others reply to him. The ignore button is a joke if you can still see their stuff

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Most of the replies to me have been a bunch of this.

Wishcasting: The act of interpreting information or a situation in a way that casts it as favorable or desired, despite the fact that there is no evidence for such a conclusion; a wishful forecast.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wishcasting
So if I have a opinion and make a comment im wishcasting. And your not. I could say the same about you. Lol. That's a good one. So my wishcasting for February tells me it's going to be colder than January. Climatology is going against me but ill still take February being better than January ever was. Let's check back at the end of February and see where the numbers shake out. Since your so confident in your forecast. How much you want to put on a below or above average February.

So if I have a opinion and make a comment im wishcasting. And your not. I could say the same about you. Lol. That's a good one. So my wishcasting for February tells me it's going to be colder than January. Climatology is going against me but ill still take February being better than January ever was. Let's check back at the end of February and see where the numbers shake out. Since your so confident in your forecast. How much you want to put on a below or above average February.

Your opinion was based entirely on personal anecdotes that interpreted the information in front of you in a certain favorable/desired way, with little-no physical evidence presented for such a conclusion. That's exactly what wishcasting is.

My replies in the main thread & posts over the last several weeks use mostly science + basic physical concepts that dictate subseasonal phenomena & not personal anecdotes. Huge difference there.

Jfc, some of y'all need a life. Maybe you'd care a little less about who predicted the weather first.

Now where's that mute button...

Everyday I feel like I’m in the twilight zone seeing the same posts over and over again like I’m reliving the same day. We need a mix in some other hobbies. Y’all should try pickle ball it’s great.
I was thinking of using steam rooms more often. I heard you are an expert on steam rooms, perhaps you could enlighten me ?

Back