• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Hopefully we can trend this back further west and away from NC. No reason for you guys to get it all.
It won't. I made a post yesterday northern NC and north at best. The Euro had just that and so does the 6Z GFS. It's not going to snow here. No county in SC will even get a winter weather advisory this year. You heard it here first.

Everyone calm down. I'm working on finding some good nuggets from last night's model runs.

It should only take a week or two.

We either get something during the last 2 weeks of February, or it is 2011-2012 all over again.

N trend never fails.

These kinds of anafronts usually trend north once you get inside day 3 due to model parameterization of latent heat release in the warm conveyor belts, amplifies the ridge, ultimately lifting the frontal zone & axis of snow/sleet north vs forecasts. Often times, that works in our favor when the arctic air is already in place and we're watching a very weak disturbance hug the Gulf Coast. Unfortunately, this is not/hasn't been one of those cases.

Well it’s a good thing I punted winter early this month to save myself from so much disappointment after moving back south here in Alabama from Montana I’m starting to miss all the snow I seen while up there minus the cold though.

emoji® – The Official Brand | lawnmower

cfs-daily-all-c00-conus-cfs_z500_anom_fourpanel-6246400.png

Back