• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

it was low of me tbh, i spent years growing up in wilmington in fear of the raleigh guys being happy and then years in raleigh fearing the roanoke guys being happy. now i am laughing from richmond. die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

it was low of me tbh, i spent years growing up in wilmington in fear of the raleigh guys being happy and then years in raleigh fearing the roanoke guys being happy. now i am laughing from richmond. die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
giphy.gif

I get it. I grew up along 85 in Gaston County and I would hate it when the Lenoir crew were happy. Don’t even get me started on seeing all the mountain and foothill school cancellations.

Now I’m seven miles north of 85 and only nine miles from the TDF airport, which seems to be golden goose of the piedmont.

This will be the first winter I've blanked on accumulations since 2012/2013 if it comes to fruition. Really paid for the epic 2010/2011 winter with back to back horrible winters. Last winter was the best since 2010/2011 so maybe this and next year are screwed.

That being said... there's still lots of time. Looking back at my notes, Feb 11-16th has been a great timeframe for winter storms here over the last 15 years.

This will be the first winter I've blanked on accumulations since 2012/2013 if it comes to fruition. Really paid for the epic 2010/2011 winter with back to back horrible winters. Last winter was the best since 2010/2011 so maybe this and next year are screwed.
Meanwhile here we haven't had a good snow since Feb 2020, it's been awhile. All "storms" have been an inch or less here since.

Back