• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

My top ten winter storms of my life time. January of 1982 would be #2 on my list but it happened 7 months before I was born so I can't claim that one even though we got 16 inches out of it where I live but I've been told all about how it was one of the biggest snowstorm's to hit this area. So many good storms in the past that I hate to leave off the list. So hard to narrow it down to just these 10.

Honerable Mentions

January 2022
November 2000
February 2014
January 2016
January 2004
December 2002
January 2017
Early January 2003 Storm
January 2018
February 2015
January 2011
January 2010
January 2008
December 2017

10. December 2018
9. December 2009
8. February 2004
7. January 2003
6. January 2000
5. Christmas Day 2010
4. Blizzard Of 1996
3. February 1994 Ice Storm
2. January 1988
1. Blizzard Of 1993

I was born in 1990 and obviously don’t remember much about the blizzard of 93. What was the setup during that storm?

I was born in 1990 and obviously don’t remember much about the blizzard of 93. What was the setup during that storm?
It was the storm of the century so don't waste your time studying it. It won't happen again in our lifetime so when JB brings it up ignore him! Just kidding it was a triple phase just at the right time for MOST of the SE. I'm sure the RDU crowd never wants to see that again

I'm wishing they never fixed the issues with the Euro. I know it's probably right about the SE ridge on roids but man, I hate to be reminded of it. Severe outbreak next week for all of the south if it holds.

I love the EURO because it is a warm model and is not progressive biased like the dumb GFS. I'd rather have 0 fantasy snow all winter long than 200 inches of it and not a flake to show for it by the end of the winter.

It was the storm of the century so don't waste your time studying it. It won't happen again in our lifetime so when JB brings it up ignore him! Just kidding it was a triple phase just at the right time for MOST of the SE. I'm sure the RDU crowd never wants to see that again
It needed to have tracked just 50 or so miles farther SE to get more of us in it. CAD would have been a bigger factor too if it had occurred in January or February instead of March. We only got about 2 inches out of it here.

If we can get winter precip I do like it. If it is not going to snow, 1 major cold snap is enough, and we got that before Christmas.
I don't know how many times or different ways ways to break this; if it is not cold it will NEVER snow. Let me know how many 70 degree snows you've had and I'll reconsider my stance.

Back