• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

If we can get winter precip I do like it. If it is not going to snow, 1 major cold snap is enough, and we got that before Christmas.
tumblr_nxnbvpAW4l1u3eoyoo1_500.gif

I think Shane and Charlie are taking the money raised to tinker with it, if enough, they are about to make dreams come true, if not, then dreams will be crushed. Lol
In wish I really knew programming I would create a huge cold biased model and put it behind a pay wall so all thy suckers would pay up

So basically 5 years without much of anything in Atlanta. Pretty sad.
Hence the birth of "NoSnowATL". The mid 90's through the early 2000's was the worst. 2009 through 2018 was ok, though. I'm seriously considering retiring to a cabin in the TN mountains, though, if I live long enough to retire.

Hence the birth of "NoSnowATL". The mid 90's through the early 2000's was the worst. 2009 through 2018 was ok, though. I'm seriously considering retiring to a cabin in the TN mountains, though, if I live long enough to retire.
I swear you'd have better luck seeing snow in a city with warmer winters like Dallas. Atlanta is further north, higher in elevation, and colder in winter yet somehow Dallas seems to get more snow. Go figure.

I swear you'd have better luck seeing snow in a city with warmer winters like Dallas. Atlanta is further north, higher in elevation, and colder in winter yet somehow Dallas seems to get more snow. Go figure.
That's why even seeing flurries is crazy exciting in Atlanta! We are in a sub-tropical climate most of the year.

That's why even seeing flurries is crazy exciting in Atlanta! We are in a sub-tropical climate most of the year.
I blame the Southeast Ridge most of the time. It's a nightmare for snowlovers in the southeast. But seriously, it shouldn't be THAT difficult to get at least a dusting of snow every winter.

Back