• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2019-20 Discussion

crawford76

snowrepellent
Reaction score
As a frequent observer and major fan of this site I’ll add my opinion. To preface first and foremost I love snow as much as anyone on this site, borderline obsessed. Especially with the chase, which we do in the southeast most winters and for some most of our lives, only to usually be disappointed. I know how frustrating it is to await and be either elated or disturbed by each model run. However, for those of us btw the Upstate of SC and Charlotte we have two great historical patterns on our side. We saw some cold temps in Nov&Dec but no snow. That is a great thing for snow lovers in our area historically speaking. We have a better chance of seeing heavier and more frequent snow events Jan-Mar in this region after a warm and relatively parched Nov&Dec.
Lastly, I’m old enough to mention folk lore, old wive’s tales, aching bones, etc. Having a Met degree, even sometimes I rely on a few of these more than science. That said, last night when thunder awoke me several times in Charlotte first thought was Game On. Not necessarily next week for Charlotte Metro, but Winter has just begun my friends.
I’m about to stock the cabinet with Bourbon and look forward to the pattern change. It will, just hopefully in mby and yours too. Keep up the good work you overly zealous snow cravers, I LOVE your passion!!

Quo

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Is Robert from wxsouth still calling for a back loaded tree crashing roof collapsing winter for us or

Tagat

Reaction score
F---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaction score
D+...I saw snow 3 times and was able to travel to the mountains to see some good snow a couple times. This winter lacked a good cold snap and solid accumulating snow

Reaction score
F - I saw snow fall for about a total of maybe 2hrs in two separate events and it literally didn’t amount to anything, other than a wet ground and brown, muddy grass. Kinda sad November was the worst of the cold and that’s a fall month, not winter.

GaStorm

Supporter
Reaction score
The snow last month made it a C for me. Could of been much better if it stuck around long enough to enjoy it. Plus this miserable rainy pattern really makes me look forward to any sunny days coming up.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
D+...I saw snow 3 times and was able to travel to the mountains to see some good snow a couple times. This winter lacked a good cold snap and solid accumulating snow
You live in the purgatory known as SC, saw snowfall 3 times and give it a D+? Am I missing something here? 😏

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
D. The cold in November and the snow last month helped pull this above an F. Really bad winter as far as snow/cold overall though, I wasnt mad about the rain especially after the flash drought. So the last 3 winters have gone A/B, F, D. We are due?

Mr. Golf

Reaction score
D. The cold in November and the snow last month helped pull this above an F. Really bad winter as far as snow/cold overall though, I wasnt mad about the rain especially after the flash drought. So the last 3 winters have gone A/B, F, D. We are due?
Shane, why did you go with F for last winter? Didn't you get rocked the beginning of December 2018? We got hit here also in Arkansas. Last winter was way better than this winter

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Shane, why did you go with F for last winter? Didn't you get rocked the beginning of December 2018? We got hit here also in Arkansas. Last winter was way better than this winter
Ummm don't bring that one up with him Lol... I'm pretty sure he's still bitter about it, but I'll let him explain