• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop talking politics, people. I want this thread to stay. This has been really informative.
I agree, but the energy defacto is the pivot leverage point for allowing Russia to run rough shod. Have Europe hostage. I could replay a nato 2018 speech where a potus publicly told Germany they where fools getting in bed with Russia over that pipeline. Russia is worlds biggest Gas Station with Nukes.

I agree, but the energy defacto is the pivot leverage point for allowing Russia to run rough shod. Have Europe hostage. I could replay a nato 2018 speech where a potus publicly told Germany they where fools getting in bed with Russia over that pipeline. Russia is worlds biggest Gas Station with Nukes.

"While the Ukraine crisis was raising anxiety about Europe’s dependence on Russian natural gas, something remarkable happened. Last month, for the first time ever, U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas to Europe exceeded Russia’s pipeline deliveries. Russian exports, which normally account for about 30% of Europe’s gas use, dropped substantially because of Russian pricing. And with European gas prices about four times as high as normal, U.S. exports surged to fill the gap.

The extraordinary growth in U.S. oil and gas production is a geopolitical and economic asset for the U.S. that contributes to global energy security. As the domestic oil-and-gas industry continues to rebound from the spring 2020 price collapse caused by the onset of Covid, the U.S. is again the world’s top oil producer—almost 20% above the other two largest producers, Saudi Arabia and Russia—and the world’s top natural-gas producer."

There is a reason why the sanctions are going after individual Russian oligarchs, Putin is on the clock, I imagine at this point he plans to take an hold a fairly big chunk of the Ukraine and then "negotiate" a withdraw that leave the Donbas regions in his independent control...if this takes to long the internal pressure on him will become massive as the oligarchs feel the pain.

Most of the "separatist" areas are pro Ukrainian....

Canada sending weapons in....Estonia sent some Javelins the other day as well, lots of anti armor stuff as that is how you make this costly for Russia....and expect to see more of this, they want the Russians to know this stuff is coming in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back