• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

Yeah that seems to be the case. Supposedly the experimental mrms data cut that bias a good bit. I'm not sure how the map I posted compares to observational data or if the mrms I have access to is the latest and greatest
Could it be due to higher PW values in tropical systems that isn't took into effect?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

looks like MRMS was a little short
my back yard is in that blue area and I have definitely had at least 6" (it filled so cant really say how much more until I can empty it). its wild here today. reports of some type of damage and flooding in Cornelia but no other details yet. don't know if it was from winds or a tornado, but banks county, just south, has reports of tornado damage

Could it be due to higher PW values in tropical systems that isn't took into effect?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
That's certainly part of it. I think droplet size is one of the biggest culprits. I believe that since the droplets are smaller the reflectivity isn't as strong and tricks the radar into under estimating the total qpe. Don't quote me on that though

Been tracking since Charlotte area finally tornado warning for Wilkes enroute brb.

Trees and powerlines down damage to one home per radio in Iredell. I doubt it survives the brushy Mtns

Sheriff has eye on tornado left Iredell into Alexander let’s see what the mtns do to it

Listening to the scanner feed in Iredell County and the fire dept is saying they have another tornado on the ground.

Now they have a traffic accident call with reports of a tornado in the area.

Back