• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

I could see a stronger tornado today if any little mesocyclone hits a sweet spot

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

A few beans need to be monitored from Shelby to Statesville. May need to expand the tornado watch early.

That tornado is still on the ground. It's actually looking a little healthier than me. A tiny CC dot is poking out. But how high the radar beams are hitting doesn't give it a good representation. Because it's picking up higher on the storm cause the radar is far away.
Damage reports already in Banks county.

I honestly think these radar estimates tend to underestimate tropical rainfall totals since it tends to be more efficient than your typical rainfall from a front or extra-tropical cyclone.
Yeah that seems to be the case. Supposedly the experimental mrms data cut that bias a good bit. I'm not sure how the map I posted compares to observational data or if the mrms I have access to is the latest and greatest

Back