• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

Fred gave it a go but seems unlikely it will make hurricane strength before LF (dry air intrusion probably capped it), still a formidable TS considering it was just an open wave basically a couple days ago

They will upgrade it in a couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes per radar a “PRE” has already setup north west of Charlotte with training of tropical flooding. Hickory area but likely going to expand this evening. 5AEADC80-C6B2-4294-BFFA-4B5277DA5296.jpeg

I would say here comes Fred's final push...new convention over the COC and looks to be moving like NNNNNNE...lol
Yeah pressure up 1 to 994mb and seems to have leveled off, also looks like the center is on the SE side of that deep convective burst, so shear seems to have prevented it from stacking and probably prevents it from cane status. But still a few hours over water so never know

Rip he won’t make it to Hurricane … he tried his damn best .. still a sexy looking tropical storm .. but alas just a tropical storm … the real beaut to look at might be grace soon

There was that one NW jump but per recon back to N/NE, however S/SE Al will surely see some rain and center could clip Dothan I suppose

View attachment 88421

The west of north component will continue until it closes in on the stalled boundary, or it becomes better organized on its eastern side. The convective tug isnt over.

Fred gave it a go but seems unlikely it will make hurricane strength before LF (dry air intrusion probably capped it), still a formidable TS considering it was just an open wave basically a couple days ago

As far as effects on the SE US, it likely wouldn’t have made much difference, regardless, other than the immediate area and just to the right at landfall. Just as was the case with Elsa, this is a very wet and formidable TS as you said. The amount of cumulative rainfall and overall effects from tropical systems on the SE through mid August is way above average.

My area had plentiful rainfall this morning, likely over 1”, from outer moisture feed off the ocean. The wet summer continues here.

Back