• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

There really isnt, if you look at the buoys around this center any hurricane strength FL winds are not getting to the surface (yet)....this buoy is 16 miles from the center on the west side in the heaviest rain bands and its sustained 45 gusting to 55 as of 20 mins ago, thats a long ways from sustained 75 mph winds....recon shows the wind lagging the pressure fall which is typical.....

View attachment 88397

Buoy

You’d be surprised how quick it can wrap up nearing the coast line … let’s watch and see what he does

We're seeing several things happen here...
Convective tugging I talked about yesterday obviously...

But my goodness, the small area of improved light shear near the center ... Plus now, Fred is aligning more with the directional shear which further reduces relative NET shear...so we see it time and time again with some recurving systems that are axisymmetric, how some jet dynamics improve venting without a classic outflow pattern ...

24 hours ago, I would have bet Fred was 60mph tops... Classic example of needing to be over prepared and always take precautions like it will be stronger than anticipated... Just in case...

You mean TWC actually still does weather? Last time I turned it on there I had to wait about 20 mins to see anything weather related.
They go all in on big events! There has been non stop coverage since last night! It’s pissing me off! I tuned in for animal storm stories! ??

Looks like precip totals have been cut down slightly on modeling overnight. See no 5-8” pockets over NC on this morning’s forecasts

Looks like precip totals have been cut down slightly on modeling overnight. See no 5-8” pockets over NC on this morning’s forecasts
How bout pockets of 10?

qpf_acc.us_ma.png

Could someone explain to me these bands here and what are they doing? Is it the genesis of the Atlantic moisture feed?

View attachment 88409
Systems often pull moisture in from the Atlantic side with help of the Gulf Stream but in this setup it will only penetrate so far inland. NHC says a few inches for coastal South Carolina only. It will quickly stop once Fred is a little further north.

Last edited:
Back