• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

Yeah this would be high end possibility IMO we’ve seen how rapid intensification can do upon landfall … we will see how wrapped up he can get before then
Yeah .. looking like Fred makes a run at Hurricane before landfall .. HMON gets down to 985 I think and the HWRF 96B9D7BA-7160-4B38-A33B-A4ECB8A3F468.png

Should be interesting to see just what this system can pull off in the next 10ish or so hrs......NHC says it still isnt stacked and there are a lot of buoys near it showing gust to around 50-55 at best with sustained in the 30's. So its bark ( sat presentation) is bigger than its bite at the moment at least....still if it can keep it up there might end up being a small area right on the core with near hurricane conditions by landfall.

This "buoy" will be/is close to the center and100 ft off the ground.....sustained 40 mph gusting to 50.....

This "buoy" will be/is close to the center and100 ft off the ground.....sustained 40 mph gusting to 50.....

Yeah this is probably a situation where the winds catch up last minute .. people will be caught off guard here … I think he easily goes Hurricane soon today

Erin in 1995 strengthened rapidly from a moderate TS to a category 2 hurricane in that area over the last 6-8 hours before landfall. Now that storm had actually crossed over the peninsula and had maintained fairly good structure, but it does give a good example of what can happen if the conditions are right. If Fred can get well stacked over the next few hours, it may have a shot

994 extrap approaching the center. Looks a whole lot cleaner and breezier in the weakest quadrant. I'd say we find 60 mph in the nw?
Will not be surprised to see hurricane warnings go up just out of precaution. Still has a good 8 hrs over water and really nothing to impede strengthening now other than land proximity. Which sometimes helps tighten up rotation

PSA: If you hold your finger on a image, from any site, on a IOS device you can hit save to my photos. Sorry Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Fred getting it's act together quick now, look at the CDO expanding westward really for the first time and any shear is basically southerly which is negated by the northward movement and deep convection right over the LLC (I think). Seen a lot of these ramp up right at landfall over the last few years

Back