• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

Of course when I'm not home
And pressure down to 1006.6 here also now, looks like it's taking a slightly east of NE track now and the center going to pass between mby and South Hill, Va. Weather is boring when we're tracking the center of a weak sauce TS haha

1006.6 min pressure at the house. Wind is starting to get some west component so it should start to rise
We got darn lucky that’s for sure I wish my weather station was still working I have to get a new one soon so I can get the cool new details

And pressure down to 1006.6 here also now, looks like it's taking a slightly east of NE track now and the center going to pass between mby and South Hill, Va. Weather is boring when we're tracking the center of a weak sauce TS haha
We will never get this lucky or unlucky depending on your view with a Floyd or Fran ??‍♂️

Pretty impressive for weakening at landfall and being inland since lol I'm sure some of it is baroclinic but still

A NOAA-NOS weather station in Wrightsville Beach,
North Carolina, recently reported a sustained wind of 47 mph (76
km/h) gusting to 54 mph (87 km/h).

Finished with 2.91". Tempest shows a gust to about 41 this afternoon, which is the all time high gust since I've had the station. I'm not 100% sure it's right, though because I've seen way more branches down with a lot less wind.

Anyone else around here gust that high?

Screenshot_20210708-202538_Tempest.jpg

Finished with 2.91". Tempest shows a gust to about 41 this afternoon, which is the all time high gust since I've had the station. I'm not 100% sure it's right, though because I've seen way more branches down with a lot less wind.

Its been pretty darn windy here since around 3ish....gusting into the 30-40's regularly, its picked up again the last hr or so and I can hear the wind in the trees outside as I type this.....PGV had a gust to 38, some other local weather stations showing that general range of 35-45 mph....so your 41 is legit.

View attachment 86345

Its nothing to write home about but for 2 -3 hours yesterday we had steady sustained winds between 16 and 24mph with gusts as high as 38. Not damaging it awe inspiring but certainly steady. At the top of the screenshot theres a gust to 36 so the wind kept going for a few more obs.

Attachments

• 20210709_074401.jpg
    20210709_074401.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 8
Back