• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

@Shaggy @Downeastnc @WeatherNC if these latest model trends hold, Elsa may spare y'all from those tropical rains that you surely don't need.

Luckily its fast moving we dont need a lot of rain on the headwaters....ground here is pretty dry, ditches have emptied etc..... actually have not had much rain the last week or so....I want to see some kind of jet enhancement to give us some decent winds but probably wont even get that.

Not a hurricane model, but that aNAM tho!
Brad NamovitchView attachment 86260

It carries her way up.due north into Georgia. I think we will know by this evening if she is turning more NNE or staying more due north. Will likely be a nowcasting scenario.

So far the 12z Hrrr starts that turn just over the Georgia state line so its much sooner than the 3k

The NAM has been persistent with a westerly track since yesterday. I don't know how much I trust it though... But it hasn't budged.
I would never advise going with the NAM for a tropical system, especially when it goes way against NHC guidance.

That being said, we may see some more slight west shifts before all is said and done.

Jesus this thing looks more impressive in the Carolinas than it does at landfall .. this could maybe cause some actual issues .. not 80 mph gust issues but the HRRR gusts are approaching 40-50 mph here and they are fanning out as well 97C2439E-734F-4770-AE8A-5CA2FF108BEE.png1A92797D-AB17-46DB-98B8-A6957C13668F.png

Not a hurricane model, but that aNAM tho!
Brad NamovitchView attachment 86260
Regardless of where this goes (I still think probably between Charlotte and Raleigh) those outer bands on the north and east side of the storm are going to bring a tornado threat .. I would be interested to see what the experimental tornado outlook looks like that someone in here posts some times that thing is oddly spot on a lot of the time

Luckily its fast moving we dont need a lot of rain on the headwaters....ground here is pretty dry, ditches have emptied etc..... actually have not had much rain the last week or so....I want to see some kind of jet enhancement to give us some decent winds but probably wont even get that.
Unfortunately I do think y’all see decent tropical outer and rains at the least similar to what the HRRR is spitting out .. luckily you are right that this thing is a fast mover and lack of rain past few days means this shouldn’t be too terrible but tropical systems are always tricky

HRRR track would be interesting here, wind gust 45-50 for most of NC east of I 95 for 4-5 hrs tomorrow afternoon.....not sure how overdone that may be but the setup with the gradient etc could be enough to make those wind speeds doable.

Not sure why people think this is a weak hurricane. The Weather Channel said Elsa was unleashing its fury on Florida with damaging flooding and winds.

Back