• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

Definitely looks more pretty on radar .. crazy I’ve seen cat 1 hurricanes even cat 2 that look worse than that core.. on satellite though .. eh
This storm has definitely been very resilient. That shear the other night should have ripped her apart, but it hung in there. With that core intact getting to a 80-85mph cat 1 seems very possible. At least we know from the infrared that she’s not gonna go crazy and do a Charley before landfall

Definitely looks more pretty on radar .. crazy I’ve seen cat 1 hurricanes even cat 2 that look worse than that core.. on satellite though .. eh

Yep, I would agree. It looks pretty good on radar, on satellite, not so much.

Good thing there was that shear yesterday and based off the satellite presentation, it shouldn't strengthen too much more.

Let it go as it falling apart or strengthen? Looks further west to me
Definitely strengthening some and looks on radar to have developed a decent looking northern and northeastern “eye wall”…. it’s moving so straight north so that heaviest area looks like it could rake right over St. Petersburg later tonight

Seems more often than not these tropical systems get stronger right before landfall the past few years.

Sooooo euro isn’t as crazy as we thought then
No way this thing gets as strong as the EURO wanted to make it earlier today. 982 mb is a solid category 2. However it does appear that it might make landfall as it’s still strengthening, and as parts of the se NC coast learned last year that can have a big impact on wind and surge. The Big Bend is an area that geographically is very prone to surge.

Definitely strengthening some and looks on radar to have developed a decent looking northern and northeastern “eye wall”…. it’s moving so straight north so that heaviest area looks like it could rake right over St. Petersburg later tonight
Could be wrong but looked weaker to me in that loop. Circulation opens up and widens and convection up shear gets blown off to the east

No way this thing gets as strong as the EURO wanted to make it earlier today. 982 mb is a solid category 2. However it does appear that it might make landfall as it’s still strengthening, and as parts of the se NC coast learned last year that can have a big impact on wind and surge. The Big Bend is an area that geographically is very prone to surge.
Oh wow I didn’t know the euro got that low I haven’t really been paying attention to this storm lol

Gonna need a new convective burst near or over the center soon to maintain any strengthening IMO.
Agreed… which the way this thing has kept firing convection, you would think it’s got a decent chance.

Yeah like I thought earlier this thing is losing it’s spunk fast … radar doesn’t look as impressive and data from planes doesn’t support a hurricane right now … she’s begging for another blow up of convection .. we will see what happens but it’s going to be down hill from here on if she can’t keep it up

Yeah like I thought earlier this thing is losing it’s spunk fast … radar doesn’t look as impressive and data from planes doesn’t support a hurricane right now … she’s begging for another blow up of convection .. we will see what happens but it’s going to be down hill from here on if she can’t keep it up

As she begins to speed up some on a orth heading theres the slight chance as she moves faster she may be able to stick closer to the storms. Its a craps shoot really if she can maintain this till landfall.

Back