• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Marco

What surprises me is that Marco continues to pull east of what the cone has. At this point, Marco has a clear shot of the gulf and is taking advantage of the warm waters to blow up. I think this is going to be more influential than Laura when the two interact. In addition, I would not be surprised to see this become a strong hurricane if not a major assuming no weakening occurs and it takes full advantage of the gulf.

What surprises me is that Marco continues to pull east of what the cone has. At this point, Marco has a clear shot of the gulf and is taking advantage of the warm waters to blow up. I think this is going to be more influential than Laura when the two interact. In addition, I would not be surprised to see this become a strong hurricane if not a major assuming no weakening occurs and it takes full advantage of the gulf.

It over the highest TCHP in the Atlantic now and has a very small circulation which can intensify rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this thing intensifies quickly, does that shift it east further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far north does Marco go before a left turn is the question, but than it could just stay north bound even after landfall. This storm has my attention alot more than the other. You notice the icon has been showing Marco closer to the east coast vrs other models.

12z icon much further east this run
icon_mslp_pcpn_seus_16.png

Go Marco lol

The small size is really helping it

Of course the first hint of the shear and it might be the total opposite but as we've said in the Laura thread the models have been terrible with intensity

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_6.png
looks as if 12z gfs is following icon path for Marco. If this continues, expect major shift east

What are the limiting factors in Marco becoming a major? Climatology and water temps are on his side. Is he going to run out of time? Dry air? Shear? Something else?

What are the limiting factors in Marco becoming a major? Climatology and water temps are on his side. Is he going to run out of time? Dry air? Shear? Something else?
All I know is nothing but warm gulf waters ahead of his path

Back