• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Gfs coming in slower and slightly west on the coast of Florida. Given his current state its entirely plausible.

If it still has a closed circulation at 30N, the Gulf Stream and trough venting could work magic as so often occurs.

Gonna boil down to how much land interaction he has. He stays just far enough east and the chances he makes it back to 75-80 is there.

Then it switches to landfall point, forward speed and how he is mixing winds down as far as wind potential for the Carolinas is concerned.

Gonna boil down to how much land interaction he has. He stays just far enough east and the chances he makes it back to 75-80 is there.

Then it switches to landfall point, forward speed and how he is mixing winds down as far as wind potential for the Carolinas is concerned.

12z GFS weakens it all the way to 1005mb along the Florida coast then takes it back to 995mb by landfall at Myrtle Beach. Wouldn't surprise me if that pace is accurate or even conservative if it re-emerges over water.

12z GFS weakens it all the way to 1005mb along the Florida coast then takes it back to 995mb by landfall at Myrtle Beach. Wouldn't surprise me if that pace is accurate or even conservative if it re-emerges over water.
That’s counting on it staying somewhat together. This thing is hideous rn. And it’s conditions aren’t improving for the next day.

That’s counting on it staying somewhat together. This thing is hideous rn. And it’s conditions aren’t improving for the next day.

GFS has it looking miserable until it gets picked up by the trough off of N. Florida. We shall see. At 1005mb around Daytona Beach it may only be a tropical depression or marginal TS by then. I still wouldn't count it out.

They can likely cancel the hurricane warnings in Florida. SC/NC will have to watch what happens in the Gulf Stream as others said.

By looks, it should not be classified as a hurricane right now and it does look a lot worse than when I had earlier looked.

Back