• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Arlene

vis0-lalo.gif

Screen_Shot_2017-04-20_at_11.25.28_PM.png

Pretty little thing -- here's hoping they all are and all stay way out there as "fish" ....

Pressure down to 993mb . Sustained winds 50 mph . Crazy stuff for April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen about the few seasons that have had a TC or STC in April, the year 2017 having a TC in April has virtually no implications for the rest of the season. So, for people like Phil, there is no reason to get nervous about an active season just because of Arlene. It is essentially just an isolated event though interesting for sure. Much more importantly will be ENSO.

By the way, JB is having conniptions about the NHC having treated this as a TC due to the fact that it formed over 19C water and that many other storms that formed near the US over much warmer water that looked similar were not named.

From what I've seen about the few seasons that have had a TC or STC in April, the year 2017 having a TC in April has virtually no implications for the rest of the season. So, for people like Phil, there is no reason to get nervous about an active season just because of Arlene. It is essentially just an isolated event though interesting for sure. Much more importantly will be ENSO.

By the way, JB is having conniptions about the NHC having treated this as a TC due to the fact that it formed over 19C water and that many other storms that formed near the US over much warmer water that looked similar were not named.

Yeah he lost it yesterday . But I see where he finally basically gave in saying they did it for consistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back