• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Tropical Tropical Storm Arlene (1 Viewer)

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Looks like this could be classified, convection firing near the center and persisting

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Looks like this could be classified, convection firing near the center and persisting

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
It is quite interesting. If it keeps its act together, then who knows. It would be something to watch other than the relatively plain weather here except for the weekend threat.

pcbjr

Supporter
Thread now located in the Tropical Weather Wiki discussions tab as well - for posterity
We need to get all new substantive threads imported to Wiki when created so none get "lost" ....

pcbjr

Supporter
FWIW (and it may be to some as the season moves forward) - this graphic is from a model link I stuck in the Wiki models section - towards the bottom - under "wind"
there are different layers and they do give a good education on steering if you look at them (the 3) in conjunction with models and HC forecasts ...
just sayin' as a teachin' tool ...

GaWx

Supporter
From what I've seen about the few seasons that have had a TC or STC in April, the year 2017 having a TC in April has virtually no implications for the rest of the season. So, for people like Phil, there is no reason to get nervous about an active season just because of Arlene. It is essentially just an isolated event though interesting for sure. Much more importantly will be ENSO.

By the way, JB is having conniptions about the NHC having treated this as a TC due to the fact that it formed over 19C water and that many other storms that formed near the US over much warmer water that looked similar were not named.

Storm5

Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
From what I've seen about the few seasons that have had a TC or STC in April, the year 2017 having a TC in April has virtually no implications for the rest of the season. So, for people like Phil, there is no reason to get nervous about an active season just because of Arlene. It is essentially just an isolated event though interesting for sure. Much more importantly will be ENSO.

By the way, JB is having conniptions about the NHC having treated this as a TC due to the fact that it formed over 19C water and that many other storms that formed near the US over much warmer water that looked similar were not named.
Yeah he lost it yesterday . But I see where he finally basically gave in saying they did it for consistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)