• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

It’s all the about where they initialize now … ugh HRRR teasing me too much… someone is getting split with nothing but some cool clouds overhead … I pray it’s not me ??
I wouldn't get too excited about a ton of coverage today. We probably get an initial blow up in the Lee/prefrontal trough then an eastward moving OFB. The initial storms will probably max out and die due to limited shear then the next set will bubble along the ofb but will pulse up and down the biggest threat is downbursts due to high D cape and the potential for updrafts rapidly collapse. Maybe late this evening as better shear and forcing approach we get a little more longevity and organization but that might end up to our SE

I wouldn't get too excited about a ton of coverage today. We probably get an initial blow up in the Lee/prefrontal trough then an eastward moving OFB. The initial storms will probably max out and die due to limited shear then the next set will bubble along the ofb but will pulse up and down the biggest threat is downbursts due to high D cape and the potential for updrafts rapidly collapse. Maybe late this evening as better shear and forcing approach we get a little more longevity and organization but that might end up to our SE
Exactly which is why I was saying so many of us will probably be split and see nothing but cool clouds … hoping for a a nice present tho .. someone gets lucky

So a Charlotte kind of day basically lol

I remember when @SD used to love those lee trough set ups . They really don’t seem to produce for us though all that often.
Seemed like lately storms with those setups just gust out into showers/stratiform as they reach y’all, I remember setups in the past where they made it

I remember when @SD used to love those lee trough set ups . They really don’t seem to produce for us though all that often.

Moving where I live now I've noticed that the sandhills/Lee trough are much more prominent for our area in July and August than June.

I have a feeling it's related to sfc heating and the likelihood of a more classic bermuda ridge sfc pattern

Back