• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Gotta love that good ole juicy Oklahoma weather. 91/77 here right now. Even got a small chance of a storm developing this afternoon.

Interesting posts in here today
I went hiking yesterday in the uwharries . Went up morrow mountain and sugarloaf , then hiked in the national forest and worked out. I told fro to join as its 1 hour away from him but he claimed he was “ sick”. What an idiot, I told him to quit being sick , it’s that simple really.

Saw storms rolling off the backs of morrow in the distance , very nice view . I even passed through your hometown of Sanford on the way there , I was hitting 90 on that stretch of us 1 before Sanford . 0 cops there!

Edit: my bad didn’t realize this wasn’t whamby, saw some non weather posts and thought so. Darn it.

It takes days for that process to happen
First off that strong trough that’s forecasted to dive around the EC next week will squash any chance of that, the upper level wind pattern will be super unfavorable, and this look aloft doesn’t look tropical at all, what typically forms a TC is a front stalling and getting trapped under ridging with weak wind shear aloft and/or a anticyclone in the upper levels, none of that this time, except for a strong trough and a feature more reminiscent of weak mid latitude system/cyclogenesis wrt the upper level trough View attachment 85285View attachment 85286View attachment 85287
NHC has the area outlined now.
A non-tropical area of low pressure has formed about 150 miles
south of Wilmington, North Carolina and is producing disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. This system is forecast to move
northeastward for the next few days near the warm Gulf Stream,
which could allow for some tropical development to occur while it
moves away from the United States. The low should be over cold
waters south of Nova Scotia by midweek, ending its development
chances.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

$$
Forecaster Blake

Back