• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Jan. 14th Central NC Unicorn (just to prove a point) Winter Event

Somebody in and around Wake, Chatham, Lee, Harnett going to get a nice little burst of snow tonight or the HRRR and RAP are on some next level troll status
I mean it hasn’t really budged today. Makes me skeptical that it’s going to budge but also it’s the hrrr lol. I am inclined to think somebody south of the triangle gets a nice rate driven saucer sized burst or two

God speed you 7 lucky devils you

FmYBsnqXEAsOBa9

Still showing snow obv but certainly not the boom its been all day. Def a bit drier. Hopefully not the start of a trend it would be frustrating to get the 3k showing a similar-ish scenario and then have the HRRR fizzle

Still showing snow obv but certainly not the boom its been all day. Def a bit drier. Hopefully not the start of a trend it would be frustrating to get the 3k showing a similar-ish scenario and then have the HRRR fizzle
My guess is if we get precip to fall we should see flakes falling regardless of rates. NAM was very light but showed all snow. We’re really cold above our heads and we got no sun to deal with. We just might not get that unicorn 1 inch monster

Remember the HRRR and RAP vs NAMs has been the story today. Wouldn’t be surprising if they meet in the middle with a more 3k esque solution

About to head up to Boone. It would be ironic for me to miss out on some snow in the Triangle and then get very little up in the mountains. But I think I will drive up to Beech tomorrow. Should be plenty of snow on the ground there.

Man I feel bad for everyone this winter that a thread had to be made

Back