• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Verbatim, this wave over TX would probably be capable of producing wintry weather around New Years if this Euro run went out more than 10 days. Obviously, it's futile to speculate so far out but the point that's trying to be made here is that this is very far from being a blowtorch.

Certainly would wager that this week's cut-off ULL may be far from the last one we see this winter esp if the STJ continues to remain active & we have blocking over eastern Canada. Also notice, the main lobe of tropospheric polar vortex is still lurking around in our backyard just north of Greenland.

View attachment 28655

This afternoon's Euro run really isn't that much different from the 0z EPS mean valid for roughly the same time. Sure a few details are different but it's not like this run is way out in left field.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_11.png

This afternoon's Euro run really isn't that much different from the 0z EPS mean valid for roughly the same time. Sure a few details are different but it's not like this run is way out in left field.

View attachment 28658

As I mentioned yesterday, while this is far from the best pattern in the world, it's one that is certainly capable of producing in the upper south & I-40 corridor (OK/AR/TN/NC) if a few synoptic-scale bounces go your way. We really need to see a big vortex make an appearance over SE Canada to give areas down to & south of the I-20 corridor a legitimate chance.

Verbatim, this wave over TX would probably be capable of producing wintry weather around New Years if this Euro run went out more than 10 days. Obviously, it's futile to speculate so far out but the point that's trying to be made here is that this is very far from being a blowtorch.

Certainly would wager that this week's cut-off ULL may be far from the last one we see this winter esp if the STJ continues to remain active & we have blocking over eastern Canada. Also notice, the main lobe of tropospheric polar vortex is still lurking around in our backyard just north of Greenland.

View attachment 28655

Not a bad look at all and much better than fail boat storm this weekend. Actually can get some cold air feed there.

The EPS is about to go for the jugular to open up January. This is starting to look like the GEFS runs from earlier this week, just delayed a few-several days into early January instead of very late Dec. A nice -EPO & -NAO are developing & our vortex over the Canadian Arctic Archipelago is about to sink southward towards south-central Canada & the US. Once/if this happens things could get very interesting around here.

Woof.

download (72).png

The EPS is about to go for the jugular to open up January. This is starting to look like the GEFS runs from earlier this week, just delayed a few-several days into early January instead of very late Dec. A nice -EPO & -NAO are developing & our vortex over the Canadian Arctic Archipelago is about to sink southward towards south-central Canada & the US. Once/if this happens things could get very interesting around here.

Woof.

View attachment 28664

Shoot.

Woof indeed.

Woof.

View attachment 28664

Pac ridge sliding further east is nice

EPStrends.gif

Woof.

View attachment 28664

Nearly about as good as a pattern you can get around here being modeled, and ofc we got much better climo in January, like that STJ signal off cali/Baja extending into the pacific, that’s a loaded gun pattern and not the severe wx version, hopefully this holds

Woof.

View attachment 28664
That's the type of setup that could bring snow from TX to the Carolinas and include many areas! Bring it!

Pac ridge sliding further east is nice

View attachment 28666

This is probably about when we'll see our legit -EPO develop. I'd really like to see it come to fruition and send the vortex just north of Greenland tumbling in our general direction, especially right at our peak climo for cold. It's those kinds of patterns w/ a very active STJ like we have this year that are capable of bringing non-traditional areas for snow/ice in the southern US (south of I-20) into the fold.

Nearly about as good as a pattern you can get around here being modeled, and ofc we got much better climo in January, like that STJ signal off cali/Baja extending into the pacific, that’s a loaded gun pattern and not the severe wx version, hopefully this holds

Oh it could get a lot better than that if we start to establish a legit -EPO and dislodge that big vortex over extreme northern Canada

Oh it could get a lot better than that if we start to establish a legit -EPO and dislodge that big vortex over extreme northern Canada
Gefs tries. Glad I pushed my chips in
1df06ca8a0835387a629e568a6c144d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gefs tries. Glad I pushed my chips in
1df06ca8a0835387a629e568a6c144d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m getting pretty close to pushing all my chips to the center of the table during the Jan 5-15 period. If we can get a nice EPO near the beginning of Jan, that TPV lobe over far northern Canada may pay us a visit near or just before the mid point of the month right during our coldest climo

Woof.

View attachment 28664
That's money right there imo. Not frigid since the ridging doesnt quite extend to the EPO domain. Which is good with the Atlantic side slowing the flow and our coldest time climo wise I wouldn't think you'd want a huge -EPO unless you want suppression and cold and dry.

I’m getting pretty close to pushing all my chips to the center of the table during the Jan 5-15 period. If we can get a nice EPO near the beginning of Jan, that TPV lobe over far northern Canada may pay us a visit near or just before the mid point of the month right during our coldest climo

It's definitely happened before, but as nice as a time as it was, I would love to see it with a very active southern stream such as we have right now.

Attachments

• 500_140127_12.gif
    500_140127_12.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 46
Back